Most parents hope for a healthy baby and to give their child the best start in life. Hastings Prince Edward Public Health offers a number of programs that can assist families to become smoke-free.
Benefits of being a smoke-free family:
- Improvements in circulation, breathing, and general health;
- Ability to be active with your kids and be a positive role model;
- Decreases your child’s risk of breathing problems, asthma, pre-term birth, attention and behaviour problems;
- Results in fewer coughs, colds; and ear infections; and
- Saves times and money.
We Can Quit Prenatal/Postnatal Initiative
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health offers this program for women who are pregnant or who have a baby (up to 12 months of age) and want to quit smoking. Weekly visits in your home with Public Health staff will include:
- Free nicotine replacement therapy (patch, gum, lozenges);
- Free quit kit and resources;
- Help to make a quit plan; and
- Support for you and your partner.
Click here for a client referral form related to this program.
For more information, email or call ourTobacco Talk Line at (613) 966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 600.
TTY: Dial 711 + (613) 966-5500 + GA (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Smoker’s Helpline - 1-877-513-5333
Motherisk Helpline - 1-877-327-4636