Sexual Health Clinic
Options for accessing sexual health services in Hastings and Prince Edward counties:
- Your primary health care provider
- Your college health services
- A walk-in clinic
- Your secondary school public health nurse (if your school offers a public health clinic)
- An emergency department (If you are experiencing symptoms and are unable to access any other options)
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
HPEPH is working to resume many essential public health services as COVID-19 demands lessen. Some clinics, programs, and services that have been closed or delivered through alternative methods will be starting to re-open, including select sexual health services.
Public Health’s Sexual Health Clinics offer non-judgemental and youth-friendly information. All staff welcome and provide care to people of all gender identities. HPEPH staff strive to provide gender affirming sexual health services. Our staff take a trauma-informed approach to your care.
Appointment-based services are available for people who do not have a health care provider, and are:
- Diagnosed with a Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI), including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and/or HIV (if you are unable to access your health care provider)
- Partners of people diagnosed with an STI including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and/or HIV
Contraception counseling and STI testing is available for members of the following groups who do not have a health care provider and are*:
- People under the age of 25 who do not have access to a youth-friendly health care provider
- Indigenous people
- Anyone who has, or has sexual partners who have, lived in or been from Africa or the Caribbean
- Anyone who uses illicit drugs or shares drug equipment or paraphernalia
- LGBTQ+, including gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men
- Persons engaging in sex work
*Hastings Prince Edward Public Health recognizes that some groups experience higher rates of STIs and unwanted pregnancies due to systemic racism and discrimination. By working to make health services more accessible to these targeted groups we hope to lessen the inequities experienced.
Emergency contraception (Plan B) for anyone who is unable to afford it
While STI screening is available on a drop-in basis (see below), consultation services are available on an appointment basis only. To book an appointment call the Sexual Health Program at 613-966-5500 ext 243. For AODA options scroll to the bottom of this page.
Other sexual health services available through HPEPH
Low-cost birth control, including emergency contraception (Plan B) dispensing is available for people who have a prescription from another health care provider. Please have your health care provider fax your prescription to our Sexual Health Fax line at 613-968-1482. Birth control types/brands available include:
- Depo Provera
- Diane 35
- Evra Patches
- Jencycla (Generic of Micronor)
- Tricira-Lo (Generic of Tricylen-Lo)
- Plan B
Free Condoms are available at all Hastings Prince Edward Public Health offices during the regular office hours. If you require dental dams, female condoms, latex-free or larger sized condoms, call in advance and we can prepare a package for you to pick-up.
If you need more information after reviewing this page, please call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 243.