Last updated: Sept 7, 2022
If are you looking for general information about COVID-19, please visit our main COVID-19 web page. The content below is intended for child care providers.
Visit www.ontario.ca/exposed if you have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive, or you are a high risk contact.
Have a COVID-19 related question not answered on this page? Complete this form and we will get back to you shortly.
Screening and Symptom Management
- Online school/childcare screening tool (PDF)
- Printable Screening Tool with Pictures – Sept 2, 2022
- Managing Students with COVID-19 Symptoms – Sept 6, 2022
- Letter for Children, Student with Symptoms of COVID-19 – Sept 6, 2022
- Attention Visitor Sign with Symptom Screening – Sept 2, 2022
- COVID-19 Symptom List (V14.2) – Ontario Ministry of Health
Individual cases of COVID-19 are not reported to Public Health. Please direct cases to follow guidance at ontario.ca/exposed.
In place of reporting of individual cases of COVID-19, childcare centres will report illness-related absences, see protocol below.
- Absence Reporting Protocol – HPEPH (Aug 12, 2022)
Guidance – Overall
- COVID-19 Testing, Case and Contact Management Guidance – Aug 31, 2022
Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Putting on Personal Protective Equipment (Poster) – Public Health Ontario
- Taking off Person Protective Equipment (Poster) – Public Health Ontario
- How to Safely Put on and Remove a Face Mask (Video) – HPEPH
- Use of Face Coverings in Schools – HPEPH
- Cleaning and Disposing of Non-medical Masks and Face Coverings (Poster) – Health Canada
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Hand Hygiene Posters:
For more resources & videos, visit infection control for educators web page.
Information for Parents and Caregivers
- School/Childcare and COVID-19 – HPEPH