Immunization Clinic | Hastings Prince Edward Public Health

Immunization Clinic

 Reporting your childs Immunizations:

The Immunization of School Pupils Act (ISPA), requires Public Health to have up to date immunization records for all students in Hastings and Prince Edwards Counties. As your child enters daycare or school, you will be asked to provide your child's immunization record. Your child may be denied entry into daycare or may be suspended from school if their immunization records are not up to date. It is the parents responsibility to update the local Public Health when their child receives an immunization from a Healthcare Professional. 

If you choose not to vaccinate your child, you are required to print and fill out a cover letter for school or a cover letter for daycare and a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Affidavit for Child Care Centres or a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Affidavit for JK-grade 12 or have a Medical Exemption on file with Public Health. All affidavits must be signed in the presence of a notarary public or commisioner of oaths and originals submitted to Public Health. It is strongly encouraged that you know and understand the risks and responsibilities of not having your child vaccinated.


Individuals may receive publicly funded vaccinations at no charge* at a routine immunization clinic. No appointment is necessary. You may be asked for your Ontario health card, but it is not required in order to receive immunization(s). Please bring any previous immunization record to the clinic when attending.

*A fee applies for certain non-publicly funded immunizations.

To book a routine immunization appointment or for more information, call (613) 966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 313.