While rates of opioid prescribing are decreasing, Ontario continues to have a high rate of narcotic use. In 2018, there were 4588 deaths in Canada related to opioid overdose.
HPEPH provides harm reduction resources and services, and can help connect your patients with other community services, clinics, and pain management programs. Our services include:
Resources for Physicians
- CAMH Opioid use Disorder Clinical Guideline
- HPEPH – Opioid Situational Assessment
- Health Quality Ontario Resources: Opioid Prescribing for Chronic Pain, for Acute Pain, Opioid Use Disorder
- Public Health Ontario – Interactive Opioid Tool
- Ontario Prescription Opioid Tool
- Ontario Drug Policy Research Network
- Portico Network – Management of Alcohol Use Disorders, Opioid Prescribing, and Opioid Use Disorders in Primary Care
Visit our Getting Help page for a list of local addictions management programs.