- This event has passed.
Belleville STI Quick Test Clinic
September 12 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Monday, repeating until December 19, 2022
Walk-in STI Quick Test Clinics for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
No appointment necessary
If you are sexually active, getting tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) is one of the most important things you can do to protect your health. Routine STI testing is important because many people may have an STI and not have any symptoms. If a person does not know they have an STI they may pass it on to their sexual partner(s). They may also be at risk of developing complications such as pelvic inflammatory disease and/or infertility.
While individuals are encouraged to contact their own health care provider for STI testing, this may not be an option for everyone. In response, Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) has launched STI Quick Test Clinics to provide easy-access testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea at all office locations. Individuals can drop in during STI Quick Test Clinic hours, fill out a form (bring your health card if you have one) and provide a self-collected sample (pee in a cup and/or throat swab and/or rectal swab) – no appointment necessary.
People who believe they may have an STI and are experiencing symptoms such as burning when they pee, abnormal discharge, pelvic or testicular pain, should seek assessment and testing from a medical professional. There is no health care provider at this clinic and full consultation is not available. Individuals with symptoms will not get a diagnosis or treatment at the time of the test.
Key things to remember if you attend the STI Quick Test Clinics:
- This is a self-serve testing clinic ONLY – there is no medical professional at the clinic;
- you will not receive assessment, diagnosis or treatment
- Appointments are not required (drop-in during STI Quick Test Clinic hours)
- While the test itself will only take a few minutes, wait time will vary depending on the volume of clients
- Please do not urinate (go pee) 1 hour before you attend the clinic.
- Please bring your health card (if you have one)
- No News is Good News: we only contact you if you have a positive test
If you need more information after reviewing this page, please call 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803, ext. 243.