Hastings and Prince Edward Counties/March 15, 2022
The mass COVID-19 immunization clinics at the Prince Edward Community Centre and the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre will be closing at the end of March 2022. All eligible residents who have not yet received their complete vaccination series and booster (if applicable) are encouraged to take advantage of these clinics while they remain open for the rest of the month.
The support of the City of Belleville, the County of Prince Edward, and the Prince Edward Family Health Team has been invaluable to ensure the successful operation of these two clinics, which combined have delivered over 131,000 doses of vaccine to local residents (26320 in Picton, and 105,185 in Belleville as of March 15, 2022).
COVID-19 vaccination opportunities will continue to be available throughout the region, including the North Hastings area. HPEPH would also like to recognize the ongoing contributions of the Bancroft Family Health Team, which continues to be invaluable to ensure accessibility of vaccination in this region. HPEPH will be sharing remarks of gratitude and presenting participating partners with a certificate of recognition in the coming weeks.
“As the province reopens, vaccination remains your best protection against serious illness related to COVID-19”, says Dr. Ethan Toumishey, Medical Officer of Health and CEO at HPEPH. “Give yourself and your loved ones the additional reassurance available by keeping up to date with vaccination – reassurance that you are doing everything you can to reduce your risk of severe illness as you start to gradually resume many normal activities.”
The last dates clinics will be held at the abovementioned locations are:
- Thursday, March 31 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Prince Edward Community Centre
- Thursday, March 31 – 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm at Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre (closed 4:30 – 5 pm)
Recurring clinics at these locations are winding down as HPEPH and community partners are transitioning to a longer term COVID-19 vaccination strategy. This strategy will ensure resources are available to support regular public health programs and services, while continuing to offer COVID-19 vaccinations. Beginning in April 2022, COVID-19 vaccination opportunities will be available:
- Throughout the entire HPEPH catchment area at local pharmacies. Visit covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations for availability.
- In Belleville at 179 North Park Street, HPEPH office. Visit covid19.ontariohealth.ca or check hpepublichealth.ca/vaccine-booking for clinic dates and times.
- In North Hastings, through clinics hosted by the Bancroft Community Health Team at a variety of locations. Visit bcfht.org/covid-19-updates for dates and booking information.
- In Prince Edward County, through pop-up clinics hosted by Prince Edward Family Health Team. Check hpepublichealth.ca/vaccine-booking for clinic dates and times.
- Through some primary care providers. Contact your primary care provider to discuss availability.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccine, visit hpePublicHealth.ca/covid-19-vaccines If you still have questions about the vaccine after reviewing this information, please talk to your primary care provider.
Emily Tubbs, Communications Specialist
About Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) is a public health agency that serves the counties of Hastings and Prince Edward from four local offices. HPEPH is situated and provides services on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Huron-Wendat and Haudenosaunee people. We monitor the health of our local population, deliver programs and services within our communities, and help develop healthy public policies. We provide information and support in many areas to help improve the health and well-being of our residents. Together with our communities, we help people become as healthy as they can be. For more information, please visit hpePublicHealth.ca. You can also find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
We invite community partners and residents to share this Media Release with their respective networks.