Hastings and Prince Edward Counties/Dec. 3, 2021
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) is advising individuals who attended The Duke Pub, 248 Front St., Belleville on November 28 and November 30 that they may have had an exposure to COVID-19. HPEPH is in the process of investigating a case of COVID-19 that was present at the pub on these dates.
All individuals who attended The Duke Pub on November 28 and November 30 are advised to:
- Monitor closely for symptoms of COVID-19.
- If symptoms develop, even mild ones such as a runny nose or sore throat, isolate at home and away from others, and only leave isolation to seek testing or medical care.
- To seek testing, book an appointment online for the Belleville or Trenton testing centre. You can also call 613-961-5544.
- For other testing options, please visit hpepublichealth.ca/getting-tested-for-covid-19/.
While HPEPH does not typically disclose the location of COVID-19 cases in order to protect individuals’ privacy, this information is disclosed when needed to meet public health objectives such as prompt notification of potential contacts and reducing the risk of further transmission. HPEPH is in the process of contacting high-risk contacts related to this case. All high-risk contacts will be instructed by HPEPH to self-isolate immediately and to get tested.
“There has been a very concerning increase in COVID-19 cases in our region and this puts the entire community at risk. While proof of vaccination does help to reduce the potential risk to the individuals who were at The Duke Pub, anyone who was there on November 28 and November 30 should closely monitor for symptoms and if symptoms develop they should isolate immediately and only leave isolation to seek testing or urgent medical care,” says Dr. Ethan Toumishey, Acting Medical Officer of Health at HPEPH. “Anyone in the community who is unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or eligible for a booster dose, should get vaccinated as soon as possible. Vaccination is the single best thing residents can do to protect themselves from COVID-19.”
- To book your appointment for COVID-19 vaccination at an HPEPH clinic, visit covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/.
- Many pharmacies also offer COVID-19 vaccination and offer evening and weekend hours. Find pharmacies offering vaccine at covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.
Maureen Hyland, Communications Specialist,
Emily Tubbs, Communications Specialist
About Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) is a public health agency that serves the counties of Hastings and Prince Edward from four local offices. We monitor the health of our local population, deliver programs and services within our communities, and help develop healthy public policies. We provide information and support in many areas to help improve the health and well-being of our residents. Together with our communities, we help people become as healthy as they can be. For more information, please visit hpePublicHealth.ca. You can also find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
We invite community partners and residents to share this Media Release with their respective networks.