Hastings and Prince Edward Counties/Dec. 10, 2021
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) is advising individuals who were at The Empire Theatre, at 321 Front St., Belleville on December 2 that they may have been exposed to COVID-19. An individual who attended the concert at Empire Theatre between 7-11pm on this date has been identified as a positive case of COVID-19. The Empire Theatre is working with HPEPH to respond to the situation.
All individuals who attended the Empire Theatre on December 2, between 7-11pm are advised to:
- Monitor closely for symptoms of COVID-19.
- If symptoms develop, even mild ones such as a runny nose or sore throat, isolate at home and away from others, and only leave isolation to seek testing or medical care.
- To seek testing, book an appointment online for the Belleville or Trenton testing centre. You can also call 613-961-5544.
- For other testing options, please visit hpepublichealth.ca/getting-tested-for-covid-19/.
- When seeking testing, please provide investigation number 2238-2021-52725 to the testing centre.
While HPEPH does not typically disclose the location of COVID-19 cases in order to protect individuals’ privacy, this information is disclosed when needed to meet public health objectives such as prompt notification of potential contacts and reducing the risk of further transmission. HPEPH is in the process of contacting high-risk contacts related to this case. All high-risk contacts will be instructed by HPEPH to self-isolate immediately and to get tested.
Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself and those you care about from COVID-19. Please get vaccinated or get your booster as soon as you are eligible. The COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- To book your appointment for COVID-19 vaccination at an HPEPH clinic, visit covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/.
- Many pharmacies also offer COVID-19 vaccination and offer evening and weekend hours. Find pharmacies offering vaccine at covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.
Maureen Hyland, Communications Specialist,
Emily Tubbs, Communications Specialist
About Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) is a public health agency that serves the counties of Hastings and Prince Edward from four local offices. We monitor the health of our local population, deliver programs and services within our communities, and help develop healthy public policies. We provide information and support in many areas to help improve the health and well-being of our residents. Together with our communities, we help people become as healthy as they can be. For more information, please visit hpePublicHealth.ca. You can also find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
We invite community partners and residents to share this Media Release with their respective networks.